Saturday, January 5, 2008

New TV

Well, we did it. We bought a new television last week after more than seven weeks without. The post-Christmas sales weren't as good as we were hoping but hubby had decided it was time so he bought one. Then he sent me back to the store to buy a stand for it. His reasoning: it was furniture and he wanted me to pick out something I liked. OK, whatever. It's a done deal now and we're back to staring, slack-jawed, at the idiot box for a couple of hours every evening. The upside: we've been able to watch the DVDs I bought hubby as a Christmas present way back before Hallowe'en when we still had the old TV. I had forgotten that Johnny Depp (a very young Johnny Depp) was in Platoon.

This also explains my previous post about the junior hockey. Obviously we have a TV now, or I wouldn't have been able to watch the game. (Well, I could have been at a sports bar, viewing it on a big screen with a pint of beer in hand and surrounded by screaming drunk young men, right? Wait a minute, why the hell wasn't I?)

No comments: