Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Crafty

Today I had a shift at the library, off-desk. I spent three hours preparing crafts for an upcoming storytime where we will need to fill some time. I almost felt guilty about being paid to do the work, it was so much fun. It was like being in kindergarten all over again. I got to cut and paste, colour and cut. I even got paid for shopping at dollar stores yesterday when I gathered my supplies!

A couple of the crafts have tie-ins to some books that we will be doing, and my supervisors were pleased with what I had done. Woo hoo! I'll be sitting in on a short planning meeting early next week, then I'll get to be the "Craft Lady" at this special storytime next Thursday. It reminds me of helping in the classroom when my kids were in preschool, which is probably why I'm excited and looking forward to it, rather than being nervous.

No comments: