Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Great Customers

So many library blogs contain rants against horrible customers (also called patrons) and justifiably so. Some of these creatures seem barely human. I haven't come across any truly horrible customers in my work at the library (yet!) but I have met some lovely people.

Every week there is a delightful elderly couple that comes to the library. They are always smartly attired (he is decked out in a blazer, dress shirt and tie with neatly pressed dress trousers; and she looks like she just came from a luncheon at a fancy restaurant) and both have great senses of humour. Every time I speak with them, they are exceedingly polite and he makes a joke or two, bringing smiles to all the staff. Any day they come to the library is a good day in my books.

No comments: