Friday, February 15, 2008

Whale Tails and Muffin Tops

There's an interesting article at the Sydney Morning Herald about the recent publication of the annual New Word List. Yes, I'm nerdy and find stuff like this cool. I had a chuckle reading over the included glossary. My favourite WOTY (Word of the Year) contender has to be floordrobe: a typical adolescent's horizontal clothing storage system. I was a little disappointed to see that neither 'ho tag nor tramp stamp made the list: both terms refer to the lower back tattoos sometimes seen on young (or not-so-young) women.

2 comments:

Kim Ayres said...

I hadn't heard of ho tag nor tramp stamp before, but I love them :)

Canadian Girl said...

Me too. I did make the mistake of calling a lower back tattoo a tramp stamp to someone who had one. She wasn't very impressed with me.