Sunday, June 29, 2008

Bested by a Machine

I have spent the last three hours fiddling with the settings on my overhead garage door opener without success. The mechanism thinks the floor is four inches above its existence in reality and when it doesn't meet resistance, stops and returns to its fully open position.

I've backed Moby (my big white whale of a van) into the driveway for fear that my twiddlings will break the motor and then I'll be stuck with not only a broken garage door, but also no access to my vehicle.

As much as it pains me, I've had to admit defeat and ask for help. My friend's son-in-law runs an overhead garage door company and I've put in a call for assistance. Of course, it's Sunday.

2 comments:

Kim Ayres said...

Can't you stick a 4 inch block of wood in one corner so it stops?

Canadian Girl said...

I could, Kim, if I wanted a garage full of mice, rabbits and rainwater.